... test the HD resolution... more videos HERE!
28.06.2013. Froglife's Dragon Finder app is now available for free on iTunes and Google Play with some of my pictures: Emys orbicularis, Trachemys scripta elegans and Pelophylax lessonae. You can identify a native reptile or amphibian adult, their eggs, larvae and calls and report the sighting. Hope this project will be successful!
22.02.2013. Here you can see my own herpetological calendar! This is a short list of my observations from 2009-2012, which are focused on the first and last sightings of different species, age classes, activities in different locations in Romania. These data are listed mainly to help me to remember when to go, where to go in each period of the year.
04.02.2013. ... the alpha version mybiosis.LITE a chei dichotomice:
04.01.2013. CHEIE DE IDENTIFICARE A AMFIBIENILOR ŞI REPTILELOR DIN ROMÂNIA/ONLINE IDENTIFICATION KEY IN ROMANIAN FOR THE ROMANIAN AMPHIBIANS AND REPTILES! Coauthor: NDOR & myBiosis web applications. Copyright Adorian Ardelean.
Pagină de start/Starting page: http://mybiosis.info/nature/portal.php?pagename=idkeys
06.05.2013. Herping Romania: grup facebook pentru herpetologie în Română! http://www.facebook.com/groups/225642127538322/
07.12.2011. NACTUS AWARD 2009-2010 (http://www.exo-terra.com/en/photography/results2009-2010.php), CATEGORY 2: REPTILES IN THEIR ENVIRONMENT, 4TH PLACE (just realized)!
25.06.2011. NOU! MICA MONOGRAFIE "ÎN OBIECTIV: ŢESTOASA DE APĂ EUROPEANĂ, EMYS ORBICULARIS" A IEŞIT DIN TIPAR! PENTRU MAI MULTE INFORMAŢII, ACCESAŢI ACEST LINK!
31.03.2010. IT'S IMPORTANT TO PROTECT! We try to enlarge and to protect the Natura 2000 network in Romania! www.natura2000.ro
23.01.2010. THE EXOTIC TURTLE MEASURING DAY IN ROMANIA. SEASON II - in every 23 of the month! / ZIUA MASURARII TESTOASELOR IN ROMANIA. SEZONUL II - in fiecare a 23-a zi din luna!
17.03.2009. An inventory for European Pond Turtle, Emys orbicularis is started on the Trachemys Adoption - Romanian Coalition homepage. Inventarierea ţestoasei de apă europeană, Emys orbicularis în România a început!
06.03.2009. New information regarded to the bilingual, romanian-english PHOTOGRAPHIC GUIDE TO AMPHIBIANS AND REPTILES OF ROMANIA!/Noi informații despre GHIDUL PHOTOGRAPHIC AL AMFIBIENILOR ȘI REPTILELOR DIN ROMÂNIA!
NEW PAGES! (posted in 04.01.2010.)
13.11.2008. RO Species Information Center. In the next two months I will be their best contributor [I am involved as volunteer in updating the scientific database of Retezat Mountains National Park]. Enjoy.
13.10.2008. A BLOG dealing with problems in mass-media news regarding with amphibians and reptiles is started in Romanian. I try to give consultancy to mass-media workers in this mostly still misunderstood feature. / Am pornit un BLOG care adună relatările de pe net referitoare la amfibieni și reptile. Încerc un comentariu critic la adresa lor (ce depinde normal de puterile mele). Ofer și consultanță jurnaliștilor cu bun simț, care doresc să relateze adevăruri științifice și nu doar părerile personale, ideile preconcepute ale celor neavizați sau alte informații cu bază mitologică.
My trips are linked as EXTERNAL REPORTS from the homepage of the EUROPEAN FIELD HERPING COMMUNITY, which probably will be developed in the largest photo & field report sharing area for European herpers. So, be member of this herp community and enjoy the TRIP REPORTS dealing with European herpetofauna made by herpetologists!
THE TRACHEMYS ADOPTION - ROMANIAN COALITION HAS A NEW WEBPAGE. the coalition was started by the AMPHIBIAN AND REPTILE PROTECTION WORKGROUP (MILVUS GROUP) and in present has as members different Romanian Herpetological groups (and not just). the coalition is dealing with the Trachemys problem in
A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF WORKS WITH THE ANGUIS IS UPLOADED!
WHAT'S NEW IN ROMANIAN HERPS?
17. [05.01.2013.]: NEW ATLAS OF AMPHIBIANS AND REPTILES OF EUROPE. Enjoy following this link!
16. [08.07.2012.]: An overview of Darevskia pontica distribution in Romania. For more, see here: Sos et al. 2012. [New data on the distribution of Darevskia pontica (Lantz & Cyren, 1919) (Reptilia: Lacertidae) in Romania: filling a significant gap. Acta Herpetologica, 7(1): 175-180.].
15. [08.07.2012.]: Great news: new distribution data for Eryx jaculus in Romania. The species still lives here! For more, check: Covaciu-Marcov et al. 2012. [Eryx jaculus(Reptilia, Boidae) north of Danube: a road-killed specimen from Romania. Acta Herpetologica, 7(1): 41-47.].
14. [25.06.2012.]: Two new taxon proposed - just realized - for the RomanianIchthyosaura alpestris: I. a. alpestris, for the western clade, and I. a. carpathica (Dely, 1959) for the eastern clade (although this is still a heterogeneous group). For more see in Dubois, A. & Raffaelli, J. 2009. A new ergotaxonomy of the family Salamandridae Goldfuss, 1820 (Amphibia, Urodela). Alytes, Paris, 26: 1-85.
13. [01.03.2012.]: Bufo bufo is a monotypic species till new subspecies will be described? Its subspecies are now proposed to species status. See in Recuero et al., 2011 [Multilocus species tree analyses resolve the radiation of the widespread Bufo bufo species group (Anura, Bufonidae), Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution].
12. [01.03.2012.]: Darevskia praticola pontica (Lantz & Cyrén, 1919) is now Darevskia pontica (Lantz & Cyrén, 1919). The morphological description made by Tuniyev et al., 2011 is comprehensive and clearly exposed (for further informations see Tuniyev, S. B., Doronin, I. A., Kidov, A. A. & Tuniyev, B. S. 2011. Systematic and geographical variability of meadow lizard, Darevskia praticola (Reptilia: Sauria) in the Caucasus. Russian Jorunal of Herpetology, 18 (4): 295- 316.
11. [31.01.2011.]: The new taxon Vipera berus nikolskii is confirmed in Romania and redescribed on base of Romanian adders! Check Zinenko, O., Ţurkanu, V. & Strugariu, A. 2010. Distribution and morphological variation of Vipera berus nikolskii Vedmerja, Grubant & Rudaeva, 1986, in Western Ukraine, the Republic of Moldova and Romania. Amphibia-Reptilia, 31: 51-67.
10. [14.10.2010.]: BREAKING NEWS FROM AUGUST 2010: THE 2ND LOCATION OF VIPERA URSINII RAKOSIENSIS IN THE COUNTRY! [2011: now we have 3 spot in the country!]
9. [20.07.2010.]: New Hyla species in Romania? The mitochondrial datas show that "several frogs" from the Black Sea Coast of Romania and from European Turkey could be recognized as a new species (Hyla orientalis). Although there is no known morphological characters to separate them or obvious acoustic difference between them. We will see later... (Check also: Speybroek et al. 2010: A tentative species list of the European herpetofauna (Amphibia and Reptilia).
8. [23.03.2010.]: According to the new genetic work of Gvozdik et al. (2010), Slow worm,Anguis fragilis (Reptilia: Anguidae) as a species complex: genetic structure reveals deep divergences) on Anguis, in Romania the Anguis colchica incerta Krynicki, 1837 live. A relict population of Anguis fragilis is not improbable.
7. [05.06.2009.]: According to the new genetic work of Fritz et al. (2009) on Emys, the Emys orbicularis colchica subspecies status was rejected. Thus in Romania the existence of Emys orbicularis orbicularis I and II is predicted (partly proved).
6. [21.04.2009.]: How many Emys orbicularis subspecies are in Romania? According to Dr. Uwe Fritz's extraordinary work onEmys, in Transylvania the Emys orbicularis orbicularis II (Fritz, 1993), the danubian form (= E. o. sparsa var. Dürigen) occurs, in Moldavian part of the country the nominal form, Emys orbicularis orbicularis I (Fritz, 1993) and in southern part of Romania an intergradations exist between...? Probably between these two forms and a third one: the Emys orbicularis colchica Fritz 1994, which could be also a subspecies group... problematic isn't?
5. Vipera nikolskii is a valid species? The existence of different venom components in this viper, compared with V. berus, could be a good reason for that. See Ramayanova et al. 2008 in Toxicon, 51(4): 524-37.
4. Triturus karelinii, a possible new newt taxon for
3. Mesotriton alpestris have two major clades in
2. V. b. nikolskii is a new taxon for
FOLLOW ME IN MY TRIPS!
♦ member of AMPHIBIAN AND REPTILE PROTECTION WORKGROUP MILVUS GROUP), we work in herpetofaunistical inventory of certain target areas, conservation, protection and education programs too ♦ member of ROMANIAN HERPETOLOGICAL SOCIETY ♦ member and starter of TRACHEMYS ADOPTION - ROMANIAN COALITION ♦ member of GREEN ECHOS
Get Link To My Site! Copy the code below and paste it onto your sites.